Shawnigan Lake Boating And Water rules
ON THE LAKE RULES
RULES FOR BOATERS
- Everyone likes to cruise around the lake viewing the homes along the shore. Please check behind you and Minimize Wake within 30 m (100ft) of shore
- Big Wake Sports Should be contained (start and stop) inside the Green areas on the map. >>>
- The rules state big wake sports should take place in the middle of the lake or at least 100 feet from shore.
- All water sports should happen between dawn and dusk (1 hour after sunset)
- Boaters are reminded that swimmers and non powered watercraft always have the right of way.
- Please make space and watch out for Swimmers and Non-Powered watercraft; they ALWAYS have the right-of-way.
- If you have a stereo, please use it reasonably; Loud music travels much further over water.
- The maximum speed on the lake is 65 km/h (40 mph or 35 knots).
- To stop the spread of mill foil limit boat maneuvering in shallow water (5m/15ft or less)
- If you brought it with you please take it out with you.
- Please don't remove native plants.
There is a Boat Gas Station on the lake where you can park and get a fill up at the Galley Grill.
- You can rent Jet Skis here.
- The Galley Grill now serving Red Arrow Lager brewed right here in the Cowichan Valley.
Fishing at Shawnigan Lake
Fish Species in Shawnigan Lake:
Rainbow Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Brook Trout, Dolly Vardin, Yellow Perch, Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass, Prickly Sculpin, Lake Whitefish, Pumpkinseed, Threespine Stickleback, Catfish (General)